- Early in 1911, District Superintendent D. G. Murray transferred 29 Methodists out of the discontinued Federated Organizational Church to Wesley. The trustees of Wesley were highly encouraged and found a new location on Northwest 25th and Classen Boulevard where a site was purchased for $600, and a new church was built: the sheep shed. The first church service held there was in August 13, 1911.
- Also, in early 1911, officers were elected and the name “Wesley” was adopted at the suggestion of Mr. and Mrs. R. E. Bradshaw.
- Wesley legally organized on January 27, 1911 under the name of Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma with the signees: R. E. Bradshaw, J. M. Smith, Edwin Stephenson, H. B. Turner and A. H. Tyler. Wesley had 136 members at that time.
- On February 6, 1922 Dean C. Dutton, Minister, reported that building facilities were to be planned for a Sunday School
- On October 12, 1924 , Folsom Jackson was employed as the first formal choir director.
- In 1927 and 1928 a new building was erected with a total cost of $128,447:
- We broke ground for a new educational unit on June 7, 1926. It was completed and went into use on January 9, 1927.
- We broke ground on the Sanctuary on July 10, 1927 and dedicated it on May 20, 1928.
In May of 1928, with a congregation over 1,000 members, the new Gothic style sanctuary was dedicated. It featured many memorial stained glass windows, used many Christian symbols, and mirrored classic sacred architecture dating to the middle ages. A tall Celtic cross adorns east facing pinnacle of the sanctuary.
The new church included a beautiful organ and worship had an impressive emphasis on the finest of classical and Christian music through the years. Over the years, many community leaders, authors, scholars, and visionaries attended or gave their support to the ongoing work and ministry of Wesley Methodist Church. Among them are several Presidents of Oklahoma City University, members of the faculty there, and one pastor who became Mayor of Oklahoma City.
In the 1930’s a loop of Route 66 opened on Classen, right past the church and Wesley joined the noted Milk Bottle Building and the Gold Dome as sights along the loop.
In 2006, with the establishment of the new Asian Cultural District, Wesley became a link from the areas dynamic historical past to a vital future enlarged by the addition of many cultures in the community.