Furnish a minimum of four apartments for Afghan refugees resettling in Oklahoma City.
Help our new Afghan neighbors move from crisis to community by engaging in meaningful,
ongoing relationship with the sponsored families.
Items needed to furnish home:
1) Furniture (sofa, loveseat, chair, small dining room table and chairs, bed frames and
box springs, bunkbed frames, end tables –new or good used condition)
2) Other household items (lamps, linens, storage pieces/bins, microwave, and kitchen
items – new or good used condition)
3) Mattresses and pillows (cash is needed to purchase these items new)
4) Clothing (men, women and children – new or good used condition)
5) Toiletries and personal items (men, women, children)
6) Cleaning supplies
7) Non-perishable food
8) Gift cards to Walmart, Target, etc.
Donate cash (specify this is for the “Outreach-Refugees” account – go to wesleyokc.org/donate)
Make in-kind donations (tax form available)
Help coordinate effort and track donations
Shop for items not donated
Sort and assemble donated items
Pick up and move furniture and other larger items
Set up apartment days prior to move in
Spread the word through your personal and professional networks, including on social
media, about ways people can get involved
Let Catholic Charities know if you are aware of any affordable apartments or rental
homes available in the OKC area (particularly those with 3+ bedrooms)
Open your home to refugee families if housing not immediately available at the time
of their arrival to Oklahoma (if allowable).
Be a part of a Wesley Welcome Team that engages in meaningful relationship with the
Support The Spero Project (www.thesperoproject.com/welcome-aps)